Monday, March 8, 2010

A Bit About my Patron Saint


I actually have two patron saints, one being St. Philomena, and the other being Saint Therese of Lisieux. The name I took though when I came into the Church was Therese, and I must admit it still makes me smile when I run across that name tag I had to show to the priest that wonderful night.

Ever since I started hearing about her "little way" I very much wanted to follow. I have tried and failed on this path too many times to count, and it can be a bit frustrating to say the least. This time around though it is becoming easier because I do find great joy in doing the little acts of love for Jesus.

When I think about the role models that young people are looking too right now in the media, I feel so incredibly blessed to have "the little flower" as one of mine.

Much more to come about Saint Therese!

In His Holy Name,
Michelle

2 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

Michelle, I am enjoying reading your blog posts very much!!
God bless,

Michelle said...

Thank you so much!